Links to some writing and publishing pages, mine and others':
- Amazon.com, where you can order any of my books.
- barnesandnoble.com, another online retailer.
- PublicAffairs, my book publisher.
- Projo.com, the Web site of my newspaper.
- The Fountain of Youth series, the jumping-off point for my next book.
- Speed: A Year Inside NASCAR's Biggest Racing Team, the newspaper companion to the Book-of-the-Month-Club MEN AND SPEED.
- Into The Heart, one of my most popular serial narratives for The Providence Journal; KING OF HEARTS began here.
- Lady In The Rain, half a horror story I wrote -- and which Providence Journal readers, in a Halloween 1999 contest, finished.
- Stephen and the Magic Bell. We got such a great reaction from the Halloween contest that we decided to do something similar for Christmas 1999. My inspiration for this one was The Eyes of the Dragon, the great fantasy tale by Stephen King, one of my favorite authors.
- Another fictional character is private eye Nick Nolan, unconventional hero of The Baby Hope Theft, a mystery story set in Newport that I started and which readers finish in a contest stretching into the fall of 2000.
- And speaking of characters, you may enjoy reading about the true-life shuttered world of high-society Newport, one of America's oldest and most exclusive resorts, in the July 2000 Providence Journal serial narrative A Nearly Perfect Summer: Travels Through Old-Money Newport.
- Bookwire.com, about the publishing world.
- Writers Write, The Internet Writing Journal, a cool writers' page.
- Columbia Journalism Review, the online edition.
- The Nieman Founation's digest of narrative journalism.
- The Jesse Smith Memorial Library, the best little library in Rhode Island (if I, the president of the board of trustees, may be so immodest).